Military/Veteran License Plates

Afghanistan VeteranIraq Veteran

To purchase an Iraq or Afghanistan Distinctive License Plate, veterans must first obtain an affidavit from their County Veteran Service Office (VSO).  The affidavit will state the veteran's eligibility for the license plate.   Veterans should hand carry to the VSO a copy of their DD Form 214, deployment orders, or signed letter from unit commander verifying service along with a valid Drivers License for verification.  Veterans will present the affidavit to their County License Office for the distinctive license plate.  Veterans can call their County VSO for more information about the Alabama Distinctive Military/Veterans License Plate Program. County Veterans Service Offices are listed on the ADVA Website at

Click here to see a list of other available Military/Veterans Tags.

Governor  |  First Lady  |  Executive Branch  |  Legislative Branch  |  Judicial Branch  |
Governor's Cabinet  |  Alabama Home Page Alabama DirectoryTop of Page

Email Us

Send us your comments, questions or suggestions regarding this site.

Last updated: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 03:36 PM.

Information Disclaimer


Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs - RSA Plaza, Suite 530 - 770 Washington Avenue - Montgomery, Alabama 36130-2755