Veterans Drivers License

Veteran Drivers License

Alabama veterans have the option of displaying proof of military service on their driver licenses.

To establish proof of service, a veteran must visit one of the Alabama Department of Public Safety’s Driver License examining offices and present a Record of Separation Honorable Discharge or DD-214 form from the U.S. Department of Defense that reflects their discharge was “honorable” or “general under honorable conditions."

There is no additional charge for the veteran designation for a first-time driver license applicant or for an individual seeking to renew his or her license. A veteran who chooses to add the designation before his or her renewal date, however, must pay the standard fee for a duplicate license.